Sunday, April 13, 2008

This and that and the weekend is over...again!

*sigh*

Well, at least this weekend seemed a little longer than previous ones. The weather was beautiful on Saturday (temps around 76 degrees). It was the warmest day we've had since last October! That was reason enough to clean up the boat and take it out for a spin. I even got sunburned! HOORAY!!! Of course, today it's raining.

I bought tickets for the Ben Heppner recital, which will take place at the opera house (McCaw Hall) on August 14th. I got an email from the opera on Friday, saying that tickets were going on sale Saturday morning on their website. I went on there Friday evening and there was already a BUY TICKETS NOW button, so I clicked on it. Turns out they were already available. I snatched up a couple in row 4. Amazingly, they were only $50/each. Considering I usually pay around $75-$80 for a non-subscription ticket to the opera, that was a very good deal. I am looking forward to seeing Ben again. I just hope he stays healthy for the next few months - no vocal problems, no intestinal infections....we'll have none of that! One of my favorite moments of being a super at the opera was standing a few feet from Ben during the wedding scene in Lohengrin when he belted out his high note as he was confronting Ortrud. The note resonated through my whole body. It gave me chills. I still owe him dinner from the time he took my mom, aunt and I out for dinner in Vienna - wow, was that really 13 years ago???? Looking at the photo from dinner on his website I realize, yes, it really WAS that long ago! Time flies. I'll have to see if he's up for it. He's a judge for the International Wagner Competition a couple of days after his recital, so he'll be in town for a little while.

Meanwhile, the package made it to South Bend. I warned Walt in advance that it was larger than I had intended, but that he could feel free to reassemble the contents in whatever way necessary to make it fit in his luggage. Hopefully he wasn't thinking, "SHIT!" lol! Nah, he's too nice for that.

On the agenda for this week...work...work...work....doctor appt. on Thursday afternoon...and a ride along with my sheriff deputy friend on Friday night. I'm leaving work early that day to go home and nap up, because it's going to be a long night of busting the bad boy scum of Everett....thank goodness for bulletproof vests...pop pop pop! .

Dave is going to Canada for the weekend for a friend's birthday party, so I'll have the house to myself.

Now it's time for cheesecake....white chocolate raspberry....and I'm not sharing!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Great deal on those great seats! Are you going to kiss him again, lol? Do you have a link to the dinner photo you mention?! :)

Lilly said...

GAH! You're thinking of Thomas Hampson! I have way too much respect for Ben! LOL! Although, the guy does know how to have a good time, especially when he gets a couple of beers in him. :)

Apparently they've just redesigned Ben's website and all of his personal photos are gone (I miss one of Pigliacci)! I have the photo from dinner, but don't have a scanner.